Category Archives: College University
There are many essays that have to be taken to enter college. Depending on the college you are choosing, an essay may be required to gain acceptance to the college. There are some things to do to get started writing the required essays and things to remember as well.
– The essay questions will vary from school to school. Choose your topic carefully and make sure to really answer the questions they are asking.
– Colleges will be looking at your topic preferences, the values that your essay reflects about you and what your thought process is.
– Remember that your topic will also reveal a lot about you, so you want to pick a topic that reveals your strengths and skills.
– Take into consideration what your strengths and weaknesses are when preparing the draft essay.
– Pick something positive about yourself that you will want the admission staff to see in your essay.
– Remember that the essay is a way to express yourself and make yourself stand out from other applicants. Use the essay portion wisely, write clearly and concisely to express who you are, what you are about and what you think.
– Make sure to do the pre-writing before writing the actual essay. It is a good idea to brain storm some ideas on what to write the essay on. Go through your strengths and weaknesses, your talents and personality. Talk with others as well to see what they think about you and what they see as your strengths and weaknesses as well.
– Make sure to create an outline, just like you would do with any other essay. Pick your top five traits and write examples of them from your life.
– Combine similar ideas and thoughts together. Find the connections and patterns in your outline and group these together.
– Begin writing the draft and include the introduction, the body and the conclusion to the essay. Make sure these sections are concise and to the point. Remember the introduction gives the thesis of the essay, the body gives the evidence to support this thesis and the conclusion ties it all together.
– Choose an essay style to use. There is the standard essay that takes two or three points in the body to cover, with a paragraph on each. There is also using one very strong point about yourself to describe in a few paragraphs of the body. Lastly, there is the option of using a narrative to tell about yourself in the body.
– Do not forget to edit it. Re-read it a few times, let others read it as well and then step away from it for awhile and then come back to it to re-read again. Trim it down where necessary and make sure to correct spelling and grammar as well.
– Remember to stay focused on the topic and keep it personal. Keep the topic narrow and make sure it follows the idea from beginning to end.
– Use specific facts and information to prove your thesis of the essay. Use vivid details, quotes, examples and reasons.
– Use expressive language and stay away from cliche words and phrases.
– Tell them what you want them to know, not what you think they want to hear.
– Make sure that it does not look like a resume.
– Make sure to use only the words that are necessary. Do not use more words, when less are needed.
– Make sure to proofread it each time changes are made.
The essay portion of entering college, may seem overwhelming. However, it is no different than writing any other essay, you just writing about yourself instead. Keep this in mind, put the same thought and process into it as you would any other essay. This is the best chance you have of letting the admissions board know about you and make yourself stand out, this can make the difference between being accepted and not being accepted. Take your time and put all your effort into the essay. If your still having trouble check-out our 6 step basic essay writing guide for help and information to get you going!
If you not sure in yourself or just don’t have enough time to write a college essay, don’t worry, you can always order essay by professional writing service like: http://www.500wordessay.net. Good luck!
Western 1st world societies today are in an Education race. It is a race to improve their country’s education level to increase employment, fuel business growth and ensure the next generation coming through has the best chance to succeed.
Australia is finding itself in the middle-to-lower end of the education scale of its populations in comparison to other western countries. Therefor the liberal government is finding itself under immense pressure to fund education growth. This has been evident through new and widened incentive schemes that make education and up-skilling more obtainable to all Australians.
One of these is the VET FEE-HELP scheme, which only few registered training organisations and government-accredited providers are provisioned to administer. The VET FEE-HELP program allows students to undertake a course through the provision of a Government loan to help fund 100% of the course fees. The loan is then only repayable when the student gains fulltime employment and earns over $50,000 per annum. The course is then deducted through a repayment scheme that deducts a small amount from their weekly wage.
Tri training is one of these registered training organisation accredited by the Australian government to supply VET FEE-HELP courses to Australians.
Tri Training online college is one of Australia’s leading online diploma-level course provider and offers students VET FEE HELP approved courses such as:
- Diploma of Business [BSB50215]
- Diploma of Leadership & Management [BSB51915]
- Diploma of Project Management [BSB51415]
- Diploma of Accounting [FNS50215]
Because Tri Training is an approved provider of VET FEE-HELP assisted diploma courses you can study now, pay later! They have eliminated all administration and enrolment fees and provide you with 2 weeks of no obligation, unlimited access to their eLearning platform so that you have peace of mind that the course you are enrolling in is right for you.
Contact Tri Training online college today for more information about all available online diploma courses.